Welcome to my blog! If this is your first time here, a good place to start would be at Introduction and Overview, to the right side of the page.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

1-4-2015: Preparing for the Winterim

I’m getting ready for tomorrow: my first day down at the federal courthouse in Downtown Toledo. I have no idea what to expect, but I’m actually not feeling stressed at all. Right now, the only work that I have to do is finish up my reading. When Judge Helmick and I met in September to plan what the Winterim would be, he assigned me what he thought to be good reading. This consisted of the following:

Article Three of the Constitution of the United States
In Our Defense: The Bills of Rights in Action by Ellen Alderman and Caroline Kennedy
Why Jury Duty Matters: A Citizen's Guide to Constitutional Action by Andrew Guthrie Ferguson

They have all been very interesting, giving me some background information about the job of the court, the importance of the jury, and some intriguing cases about the Constitution of the United States. That’s all I have to say today. I expect tomorrow to be a very interesting day filled with a lot of learning and exploration!

No comments:

Post a Comment